Council appointed positions
There are five appointed positions on Council that will become vacant as of 31 December 2019. As Council members are representatives of the Membership, the Society is requesting nominations from all eligible membership categories (Full, Full Concessionary, Postgraduate Student and Honorary).
The roles available are:
- General Secretary – three years
- Treasurer-Elect – one year, then three years as Treasurer
- Chair-Elect of Professional Development Committee - one year, then three years as Chair
- Chair-Elect of Publishing Committee - one year, then three years as Chair
- Chair-Elect of Scientific Conferences Committee – two years, then two years as Chair
In the case of the elect positions, they will automatically move into the Chair role, and thus onto Council following their elect term.
All positions take office from 1 January 2020.
Guidance on the roles including job descriptions are below; please submit expressions of interest and a paragraph detailing the relevant skills and experience of eligible candidates to Gensec@microbiologysociety.org by 28 February. Self nominations are accepted.
The nominations panel will take preliminary considerations to Council in March and will request any further information from their shortlist as necessary. Final nominations are presented to Council in July for appointment. The successful candidates will be announced at the Society AGM in September.
- Microbiology Society General Secretary Job Description
- Microbiology Society Treasurer Job Description
- Chair of Scientific Conferences Committee Job Description
- Chair of Professional Development Committee Job Description
Terms of reference can be found on the Committees page.