Professional Development Committee
Reporting to Council, the Professional Development Committee is responsible for overseeing the delivery of the professional development programme to support the Society’s three main strategic objectives:
- We will enable our members to strengthen their existing relationships and gain access to new communities, unlocking the potential for knowledge exchange.
- We will advance understanding of microbiology and champion the contribution made by microbiology, our members and their work in addressing global challenges.
- We will reinforce the Society’s long-term sustainability and resilience by diversifying income streams, increasing efficiency and ensuring robust governance.
The Committee will provide advice and expertise on the development of the professional development programme to Council and will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of activities. The Committee will work with staff to ensure that the activities delivered are in line with the agreed strategy and budget.
Tadhg Ó Cróinín
University College Dublin, Ireland
- Tadhg Ó Cróinín (Chair)
- Jose Bengoechea (Chair-Elect)
- Alison Graham
- Douglas Browning
- Helen Brown
- John Morrissey
- Nicola Crewe
- Prerna Vohra (ECM Forum Representative)
Terms of reference image: iStock/Gajus.