The Microbiology Society offers a wide range of reliable resources covering all aspects of microbiology.
Whether you are looking for the latest news, teaching resources, fact sheets and/or activities for outreach events, have something to support you whilst studying, in the laboratory, at work or in a volunteering capacity.
- Outreach & Engagement resources - Many of these activities have been designed by our members and with the help of our grants and prizes to help promote how much microbiology matters. You can find these on the left hand side of this page.
- Keep up to date - with the latest news, promotional materials and press releases as well as videos and podcasts with researchers working in the field of microbiology.
- Books - Microbiology textbooks and practical resources to support the teaching of practical microbiology at Key Stages 2-5.
- Comics - Marvellous Microbes is a series of comics, specially designed with bold cartoons, which are used to illustrate the key facts about microbes.
- Fact files - Fact files cover more specialist topics, which are relevant to the curriculum and science schemes of work. Written in an easily understood format, they take an in-depth look at the subject, contain useful images and illustrations and include sources of further information.
Multicoloured Microbiomes is a colouring book around the theme of 'microbiomes', published by the Microbiology Society. This book can be ordered directly from us.
Microbiology Online is an inspirational online resource, supporting the teaching and learning of microbiology in the classroom across the key stages produced by the Society.
To celebrate 50 years of promoting microbiology in schools and colleges, the Microbiology in Schools Advisory Committee (MiSAC) has published a collection of articles on a wide range of micro-organisms and their activities.
The resources available for the outreach project - The Super Cells.
The resources available for the STIs play - If It's Not On, It's Not On.