Join the Society
There are five membership grades broadly reflecting career stage and level of experience/interest. All grades are available in all countries. Membership is for 12 months from the day of joining (unless otherwise stated).
- Eligibility to apply for Microbiology Society Grants and the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS) funding opportunities.
- Discounted registration for Society events, including Annual Conference and Focused Meetings.
- Exclusive discount on article processing charges to publish in any Society journal if you are not already covered by the institution’s Publish and Read deal.
- Access to Mi Society, our exclusive members’ online area, which features resources, How to guides, support toolkits, event presentations.
- Access to the Members’ Directory, which allows you to connect with other members and build your presence within the microbiology community.
- Eligibility to join our thriving Early Career Microbiologists’ Forum.
- Opportunity for members at any career stage to shadow our Council and Committees to find out how we work.
- Opportunity to run for election for our Council, Committees and Divisions and to be an Editor-in-Chief of one of our journals.
Membership at a glance – which category?
For those with an academic or professional interest in microbiology.
For those with an academic or professional interest in microbiology earning less than £35,000 (or equivalent) per year.
For those registered for a higher degree.
For those studying at undergraduate level.
For anyone with an interest in microbiology who simply wants to stay in touch.