15 May - McGill Faculty Club , Montréal, Canada
We are committed to broadening and deepening the Society’s international reach, and cementing a member-driven culture to facilitate global knowledge exchange and connect microbiologists worldwide. The Microbiology Society is therefore pleased to announce our first international Showcase in Montréal, Canada hosted by the Microbiology Society staff.
This event is a networking reception which will take place on Monday 15 May 18:00-20:30 at the McGill Faculty Club, Montréal, Canada.
During the event, attendees will have an opportunity to:
- Network with local like-minded people over drinks and canapes
- Find out why microbiology and being part of the Microbiology Society matters
- Chief Executive Peter Cotgreave will introduce the Society and staff will discuss the various activities you can Get Involved with, including publishing with us, becoming a Champions and more!
- Hear directly from our Editors and Champions involved, and how getting involved can help advance your career, build your networks, raise your profile and communicate your work.
- Find out how you can become a Society Champion.
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in microbiology or wanting to find out more about the Microbiology Society, based in or around Montréal, Canada.
The showcase is free to attend. You will need to register in advance, so numbers can be limited to allow for better networking and engagement during the event and COVID-19 safety measures.
Early registration is advised as places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. For any further enquiries, please email [email protected]
Registration for Canada Showcase 2023 is now closed.
* By completing and submitting this form, you understand, and hereby consent that the personal data provided by you in this form will be collected, processed and used by the Microbiology Society to send you any communication relating to the event. You understand and hereby consent that the personal data provided by you in this form will be collected, processed and used by the Microbiology Society for the following additional purposes, but only if you tick the relevant box above. The Microbiology Society is the data controller for the purpose of Data Protection Legislation. The Microbiology Society is a charity registered in England and Wales (Charity Number 264017), a charity registered in Scotland (Charity Number SC039250) and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England (Company Number 1039582).
As part of the preparations for Microbiology Society events due to be held in 2023, the Microbiology Society Council has further discussed the implementation of SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 mitigations and has agreed the following:
Attendance at any Microbiology Society event is a personal choice and Council expects delegates to take personal responsibility for their actions in relation to minimising the spread of SARS-CoV-2. The Microbiology Society will continue to ensure adequate ventilation at our venues, with real-time monitoring of CO2 levels where appropriate, and increased spacing particularly during communal activities. We strongly urge all delegates to ensure they are as fully vaccinated as practicable, which we recognise will depend on their age and home country, and to test before travelling to our events. Delegates should not attend if they test positive for SARS-CoV-2 infection. In addition, should they wish to delegates should feel comfortable to wear a mask in any of our venues. Masks (FFP3) and lateral flow tests will be made available upon request at all Society events should any delegates feel unwell and wish to make use of them, although these will not be routinely supplied in delegate bags.
The Microbiology Society Council will continue to monitor the situation and update these mitigations as required.