Society-Supported Conference Grants
Awards of up to £2,000 are available to members who wish to organise a conference in any field of microbiology, either independently or in partnership with another Society.
Download the application form and terms and conditions below:
Please read all information on this page carefully before submitting an application.
For meetings taking place in 2021
Round 1: 8 June 2020 (notification date: 10 August 2020)
Round 2: 14 December 2020 (notification date: 8 February 2021)
Grants are available to current members of the Society who have made a minimum of two consecutive membership subscription payments.
Funds may be used towards funding the costs of invited speakers’ travel and accommodation.
In order to apply, please submit the completed application form to email@example.com in advance of the conference or meeting. Applicants are advised to submit their application at least six months prior to the conference date.
Applications are reviewed by the members of the Scientific Conferences Committee (SCC). Please read the terms and conditions, which can be found at the top of this page, carefully before submitting your application.
If a grant is awarded, the organisers will be required to:
- acknowledge the financial support of the Society in all subsequent publicity, conference programmes and in any resulting publications
- include printed materials, supplied by the Society, such as information on Society publications or upcoming conferences in the delegates' packs or to display them for the whole duration of the conference
- display the Society's logo on the conference website in line with the Society branding guidelines
- clearly badge speakers funded by the Society as such, within but not limited to the following: programme book, abstract book, website and opening slide of a funded speaker's presentation
- display the Society's slide on rotating holding screens
- submit the evaluation form, together with expenses claim form, within one month after the meeting
Enquiries about this scheme should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.