Microbiology Today Magazine
Microbiology Today is the Society's membership magazine. The magazine aims to provide informative and enjoyable broad-interest articles for all readers, including parliamentarians and policy-makers. Each issue focuses on a topic, and topics are chosen with the aim of covering all fields of microbiology.
Regular features of Microbiology Today include:
- Themed feature articles on the topic of the issue.
- News focusing on members and the Society.
- Articles covering a wide range of subjects representing the interests of members, from publishing and policy through to career advice and public engagement.
- Previews of future Society conferences and events.
- Grants, prizes and membership information.
- Comment for airing opinions, including more controversial views.
In 2021, two issues of Microbiology Today will be published in May and October, rather than in February, May, August and November as in previous years. Eligible Members are sent print copies of Microbiology Today as part of their annual subscription.
Through each of our featured articles, the authors explore the chronic changes that have been inflicted on Earth's climate and how the microbial world has adapted, been impacted and how microbes could potentially offer solutions.