Microbiology Today Magazine
Microbiology Today is the Society's membership magazine. The magazine aims to provide informative and enjoyable broad-interest articles for all readers, including parliamentarians and policy-makers. Each issue focuses on a topic, and topics are chosen with the aim of covering all fields of microbiology.
Regular features of Microbiology Today include:
- Themed feature articles on the topic of the issue.
- News focusing on members and the Society.
- Articles covering a wide range of subjects representing the interests of members, from publishing and policy through to career advice and public engagement.
- Previews of future Society conferences and events.
- Grants, prizes and membership information.
- Comment for airing opinions, including more controversial views.
In 2020, two anniversary issues of Microbiology Today will be published in May and October, rather than in February, May, August and November as in previous years. Eligible Members are sent print copies of Microbiology Today as part of their annual subscription.
In this special anniversary edition of Microbiology Today, we are placing the spotlight on previous Fleming Prize winners to demonstrate why Microbiologists matter. Through a series of interviews, the winners share their career experiences and provide their personal take on the importance of microbiology.