Microbiology Today is the Society's quarterly membership magazine. The magazine aims to provide informative and enjoyable broad-interest articles for all readers, including parliamentarians and policy-makers. Each issue focuses on a topic, and topics are chosen with the aim of covering all fields of microbiology.
Regular features of Microbiology Today include:
- Themed feature articles on the topic of the issue.
- News focusing on members and the Society.
- Articles covering a wide range of subjects representing the interests of members, from publishing and policy through to career advice and public engagement.
- Previews of future Society conferences and events.
- Grants, prizes and membership information.
- Comment for airing opinions, including more controversial views.
Microbiology Today is published every February, May, August and November. Members are sent print copies of Microbiology Today as part of their annual subscription. Commercial subscriptions are also available.
Microbiology Today August 2019 considers some of the viruses that are transmitted by arthropods and the arthropod vectors that carry them.