Abstract submission deadline for Emerging Zoonoses and AMR Focused Meeting
29 May 2018
The abstract submission deadline for the Emerging Zoonoses and AMR Focused Meeting is Sunday 3 June.
Submit your abstract here to showcase your research at this event taking place on 2 July 2018 at the School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Surrey, UK.
The day will include key talks from leading scientists, poster presentations, refreshments, lunch and an exhibition, plus some networking opportunities at the drinks reception in the evening.
The meeting is being delivered in association with the Journal of Medical Microbiology, and will focus on novel and emerging antimicrobial resistance in animals and humans, and emerging technologies for detecting and tracking pathogens and AMR. We will also be discussing new and emerging viral, bacterial and parasitic infections of animals and humans, and ways of understanding global reservoirs of zoonotic diseases.
The following speakers have been confirmed to speak at Emerging Zoonoses and AMR:
- Dik Mevius (Central Veterinary Institute (CVI), The Netherlands)
- Monika Dolejska (University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences BRNO, Czech Republic)
- Neil Woodford (Public Health England, UK)
- Fiona Walsh (Maynooth University, Ireland)
- Nicola Williams (University of Liverpool, UK)
- Christian Menge (Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Germany)
- Claire Jenkins (Public Health England, UK)
- Rob Kingsley (Quadram Institute, UK)
- Arnoud van Vliet (University of Surrey, UK)
- Ashley Banyard (Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA), UK)
- Ian Brown (Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA), UK)
- Dan Horton (University of Surrey, UK)
- Rachel Chalmers (Public Health Wales, UK)
For advice on what to include in your abstract, download our guide.
You can register to attend this Focused Meeting on our website.
Updates on the Emerging Zoonoses and AMR Focused Meeting can be found on Twitter using the hashtag #EZAMR18.