Save the date – Europic 2022
19 November 2020
The Microbiology Society is pleased to be organising Europic 2022, which will place in Harrogate, UK on 5–9 June 2022.
Europic is the world premier virology conference that focuses on studies of picornaviruses. This family of important human and animal pathogens includes enteroviruses (e.g. poliovirus, rhinoviruses, EV-A71, EV-D68), hepatitis A virus and foot-and-mouth disease virus, as well as many other viruses whose number is growing by day with new discoveries.
The programme for Europic 2022 will include plenary talks from international experts along with shorter offered papers and poster sessions.
The topics covered will include:
- Picornavirus diversity and evolution
- Virus dissemination in the infected host
- Host reaction to picornavirus infection
- Virus–cell interactions
- Virus structure
- The molecular mechanisms of the viral life cycle
- Molecular epidemiology and emergence of picornaviruses
- On-going surveillance and advances in clinical virology including diagnostics, vaccines and antiviral agents to control picornavirus infections.
Register your interest
Further updates regarding the programme, abstract submission and registration will follow in the coming months. If you would like to receive updates on Europic 2022 when more information becomes available, sign up to the event mailing list on the event webpage.