Focused Meetings 2018
Issue: Microbes and Food
07 August 2018 article
The Conferences and Events team have now delivered three successful Focused Meetings from this year’s programme. The Microbes and Mucosal Surfaces meeting took place on 21–22 June in Dublin, Ireland. The second event, British Yeast Group: Embracing Variation, was on 27–29 June in Leicester, UK, while the latter, Emerging Zoonoses and AMR: A Global Threat, took place on 2 July in Guildford, UK.
Collectively, we welcomed over 260 attendees, 37 invited speakers, over 40 offered talks and 75 posters. Thank you to all the session organisers and those who attended these events.
You can still register for the following Focused Meetings, which will be taking place all around the UK and Ireland during September and October. Places at these meetings are limited, so we advise you to secure your place as soon as possible and please share the dates with relevant networks and colleagues.
Molecular Biology and Pathogenesis of Avian Viruses #Avian18
St Catherine’s College, University of Oxford, UK Monday 3 to Tuesday 4 September
- Molecular biology and genetics of avian virus replication
- Tropism and host range restriction
- Host antiviral responses and virus immunomodulation
- Emerging and variant viruses
- New and improved approaches to the control of avian viruses
- Pathogenesis of avian viruses
Early bird deadline: 5 August 2018
9th International Symposium on Testate Amoebae (ISTA9): Recent Advances and Future Research Priorities #ISTA9
Riddel Hall, Belfast, UK Monday 10 to Friday 14 September
- Ecology and bioindication
- Functional traits, morphometics and novel
- Palaeoecology and palaeoclimatology
- Phylogeny and biogeography
- Role of testate amoebae in microbial food webs and nutrient cycling
- Taxonomic advances
Early bird deadline: 12 August 2018
Microbiomes Underpinning Agriculture #MUAFM18
Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork, Ireland Monday 1 to Tuesday 2 October
- Animal microbiomes underpinning agriculture
- Plant microbiomes underpinning agriculture
- Methods for exploring microbiomes in agriculture
- Soil microbiomes underpinning agriculture
Grants deadline: 10 September 2018*
Early bird deadline: 21 September 2018
microb.io/MUAFM18 *Subject to change. Please check the website for details.
Images: Thumbnail and Molecular Biology and Pathogenesis of Avian Viruses: monticello/Thinkstock.
Image 1: Delegates from the Microbes and Mucosal Surfaces Focused Meeting.
Image 2: Delegates from the British Yeast Group: Embracing Variation Focused Meeting.
Image 3: Delegates from the Emerging Zoonoses and AMR: A Global Threat Focused Meeting.
9th International Symposium on Testate Amoebae (ISTA9): H. Roe, F. Lacoviello & S. Prentice.
Microbiomes Underpinning Agriculture: maxsattana/Thinkstock.