Reporting to Council, the Finance Committee is responsible for overseeing the conduct of the Society’s finances; providing guidance to the Chief Executive and Chief Operations Officer and other senior staff with responsibilities for income, expenditure and investments, in order to support the Society’s three main strategic objectives.
- We will enable our members to strengthen their existing relationships and gain access to new communities, unlocking the potential for knowledge exchange.
- We will advance understanding of microbiology and champion the contribution made by microbiology, our members and their work in addressing global challenges.
- We will reinforce the Society’s long-term sustainability and resilience by diversifying income streams, increasing efficiency and ensuring robust governance.
The Committee will provide advice and expertise in the management of all aspects of the Society’s finances, including budgets, the investment portfolio, the Annual Return, the reserves policy and exceptional expenditure. The Committee will ensure that the Society operates in a sustainable manner.
CHAIR AND TREASURER
University of Manchester, UK
- Ian Roberts (Chair and Treasurer)
- Judith Armitage (President)
- Helina Marshall (ECM Forum Representative)
- Mark Harris (General Secretary)
- Robin May (Treasurer-Elect)
Thumbnail: iStock/ Chalirmpoj Pimpisarn.
Terms of reference: iStock/Gajus.