Early bird registration is closing for Focused Meeting 2018: Microbiomes Underpinning Agriculture
14 September 2018
The early bird registration rate for Microbiomes Underpinning Agriculture is available until Friday 21 September. Take advantage of the early bird rate and save money on your fee by registering for this Focused Meeting before the deadline.
Microbiomes Underpinning Agriculture is taking place on 1–2 October at the Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork, Ireland.
You can register to attend on our website.
Focused Meeting 2018: Microbiomes Underpinning Agriculture will focus on the diverse roles played by microorganisms in agricultural systems, and on exploring what microbiome research can offer to agriculture. A particular emphasis will be placed on soil, plant and animal microbiomes, their interaction, and on cross-linking expertise across disciplines.
The conference will incorporate a methods workshop that will enable integration of skills and sharing of best practice across technical aspects of microbiome research, including sequencing and analysis/interpretation of data associated with complex microbial communities in agricultural systems.
- Sharon Huws (Queen’s University Belfast, UK)
- Davide Bulgarelli (University of Dundee, UK)
- Angela Sessitsch (Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria)
- Jana Seifert (University of Hohenheim, Germany)
- Leighton Pritchard (James Hutton Institute, UK)
- Spencer Diamond (University of California Berkeley, USA)
- Orla O'Sullivan (Teagasc, Ireland)
- Richard Bardgett (University of Manchester, UK)
- Chris Creevey (Queen's University Belfast, UK)
- Laurent Philippot (INRA, France)
- Chris Quince (University of Warwick, UK)
The social programme at this meeting includes an informal drinks reception and poster session, as well as a three-course conference dinner.
Updates on the Microbiomes Underpinning Agriculture meeting can be found on Twitter using the hashtag #MUAFM18.