Early career microbiologists to present at the Fleming Showcase 2020
14 October 2019
Our Annual Conference, taking place in Edinburgh in 2020, will begin with a day showcasing the ethos of the Fleming Prize, awarded to recognise outstanding early career researchers. The Showcase offers an opportunity to demonstrate the legacy of past Fleming Prize winners and to explore the impact of both established and up-and-coming scientists in addressing important global challenges.
During the day we will hear a series of five-minute thesis from our early career microbiologists, selected by our Fleming Steering Committee (made up of former Fleming Prize winners including Sir Paul Nurse FRS, Sarah Coulthurst, Andrew Davison, David Grainger and Tracy Palmer FRS) from a call to the community launched earlier this year.
We are delighted to announce the following people will be presenting their work at the Showcase:
- Rebecca Devine (University of East Anglia)
- Rommel Gestuveo (University of Glasgow)
- Rebecca Hall (University of York)
- Chris Proctor (Ulster University)
- Charlene Rodrigues (University of Oxford)
- Liam Rooney (University of Strathclyde)
- Anna Yakovleva (University of Cambridge)
Book your place to attend the Fleming Showcase and Annual Conference 2020.