Present your work in front of world-leading scientists – take part in our Fleming Showcase in 2020
03 July 2019
The Microbiology Society’s flagship Annual Conference, taking place in Edinburgh from 30 March 2020, will host a dedicated day of Fleming lectures to celebrate our 75th anniversary, demonstrating the impact of microbiologists past, present and future. The Fleming Showcase will focus on the influence of both established and up-and-coming scientists in addressing global challenges and offer an opportunity to hear the legacy of past Fleming Prize winners.
We are launching a call for abstracts from final year PhD students (and those within one year of completion) to take part in a series of five-minute thesis slots – designed for the best early career microbiologists to present their work at this prestigious scientific event, joining the world-renowned scientists speaking and attending.
To get your science in front of world-leading scientists we invite final year PhD students and those within one year of completion, to submit:
- A graphical abstract. Please send us an exciting image that conveys the story of your work.
- The three key findings of your PhD in single sentence bullet points.
All abstract submissions will also be considered for inclusion for the Society’s flagship Annual Conference 2020.
Examples of graphical abstracts can be accessed via the following links.
- Aspergillus fumigatus: a saprotrophic and opportunistic fungal pathogen
- Saccharomyces eubayanus, the missing link to lager beer yeasts
- Escherichia coli O157 : H7 – notorious relative of the microbiologist’s workhorse
Submit your abstract here. The deadline for submissions is 16 September 2019.
Find out more on the Annual Conference 2020 event page.