Press and media
Empowering our members to communicate to the public is vital to advance understanding of microbiology and champion the work of microbiologists in addressing global challenges.
Sharing your research with people outside of your discipline is an excellent way to build your communication skills, while engaging with the media can raise the profiles of yourself, your research and your institution.
Do you have a story to tell?
We can help you promote your work through our own Microbiology Society communication channels or external media coverage. Please get in touch with us at [email protected] if you have:
- Exciting or impactful findings that may be of interest to a general, non-expert audience
- A novel methodology or technology
- Strong images or multimedia content
- An innovative public engagement or science communication project
- A unique or underrepresented point of view on life as a microbiologist
- An opinion on a microbiology-related issue.
Want to share your expertise?
We often receive media enquiries from journalists or production companies who are looking for an expert opinion or comment.
If you would be interested in speaking with journalists when relevant enquiries come in, register your interest here.