Early Career Microbiologists' Forum Executive Committee
The ECM Forum Executive Committee contributes to the delivery of the Society’s strategic objectives by supporting the careers and professional development of microbiologists.The committee coordinates the work of the Early Career Microbiologists’ Forum, ensuring that early career members and their views are included across all Society activities by having representation across all committees. The Executive Committee supports the Professional Development Committee by providing advice and expertise.
The Committee has a subgroup of four representatives who bring the early career viewpoint to the Society's Divisions.
University of Edinburgh, UK
- Amy Pickering (Chair)
- Colman O'Cathail (Chair-Elect)
- Alison MacFadyen (Conferences Representative)
- Angharad Green (Policy Representative)
- Helina Marshall (Finance and Operations Representative)
- James Oliver (Undergraduate Representative)
- Justine Rudkin (Publishing Representative)
- Omololu Fagunwa (International Representative)
- Prerna Vohra (Professional Development Representative)
- Robert Will (Communications Representative)
- Andrew Bosworth (Virology Division)
- Conor Feehily (Irish Division)
- Gerhard Sheehan (Eukaryotic Division)
- Linda Oyama (Prokaryotic Division); Winnie Lee (maternity shadow)
We spoke with Dr Justine Rudkin, from the Nuffield Department of Medicine, Oxford, to find out more about her time as the Irish Division Representative on the ECM Forum.
Dr Tom Williams tells us about his experience as the ECM Forum Eukaryotic Division Representative.
Terms of reference: iStock/Gajus.