Undergraduate Student Member
Undergraduate Student Membership is available for those studying at undergraduate level.
"I have met many interesting people with experience in a wide variety of different fields – they have all have been happy to share their thoughts and offer advice."
Caroline Moussa, Undergraduate Student Member, Microbiology Society
There are two options to join as an Undergraduate Student Member of the Society:
- From £15 per year, for payment by Direct Debit*
- From £17 per year, for payment by a debit or credit card
- From £43 for three years’ membership (saving 15%)
*Direct Debit is available to bank account holders in the United Kingdom.
Joining the Microbiology Society as an Undergraduate Student Member offers plenty of opportunities.
We've listed just some of them below.
- Networking opportunities to advance your career at Society meetings and events.
- Grant opportunities to help fund conference and travel costs, research visits, outreach and teaching activities.
- Additional grant funding through the Microbiology Society's membership of the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS).
- Attend our 'Meet the Speaker' and networking events at our Annual Conferences.
- Take advantage of the discounts and courses on offer through our corporate membership of the Royal Society of Biology.
- Access the Membership Directory to build your presence within our community.
- Download a variety of free education resources and purchase discounted hard copy resources.
- Receive a discount for three years’ membership.
|Full Member||Full Concessionary Member||Postgraduate Student Member||Undergraduate Student Member||Affiliate Member|
|Electronic access to Microbiology Today||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Print subscription to Microbiology Today^||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Reduced registration for Annual Conference and Focused Meetings||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Discount to publish for open access in Society journals||✔||✔||✔|
|Eligible to apply for Society grants**||✔||✔||✔||✔◊|
|Eligible to apply for FEMS~grants||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to the Membership Directory||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to professional development content||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Can hold office and vote||✔||✔||✔|
|Eligible to join the Early Career Microbiologists’ Forum||✔||✔||✔||✔|
** Grant eligibility varies by grade. See each grant for details.
◊ Careers Conference Grants only.
^ An additional supplement is payable by those members outside of the UK and Ireland who elect to receive a print copy.
~ Federation of European Microbiological Societies.
There are other ways that Undergraduate Student Members can get more involved with the Society:
- Engage with our wider communities through the Federation of European Microbiological Socities (FEMS) and the Federation of Infection Societies (FIS).
- Take advantage of our 'opportunities to shine' – opportunities to enhance your CV and stand out from the crowd.