Postgraduate Student Member
Postgraduate Student Membership is available for those registered for a higher degree.
Postgraduate Student Membership costs from £41/year or £110 for three years. Members outside the UK and EU have the option of receiving hard copies of Microbiology Today magazine for an additonal supplement.
Joining the Microbiology Society as a Postgraduate Student Member offers plenty of opportunities. We've listed just some of them below.
- Discounted Annual Conference and Focused Meeting rates.
- Networking opportunities to advance your career at Society meetings and events.
- Grant opportunities to help fund conference and travel costs, research visits, outreach and teaching activities.
- Discount to publish in our portfolio of journals.
- Additional grant funding through the Microbiology Society's membership of the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS).
- Be considered for the Sir Howard Dalton Young Microbiologist of the Year award.
- Attend our 'Meet the Speaker' and networking events at our Annual Conferences.
- Access the Membership Directory to build your presence within our community.
- Receive a discount for three years’ membership.
|Full Member||Full Concessionary Member||Postgraduate Student Member||Undergraduate Student Member||Affiliate Member|
|Electronic access to Microbiology Today||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Print subscription to Microbiology Today^||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Reduced registration for Annual Conference and Focused Meetings||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Discount to publish for open access in Society journals||✔||✔||✔|
|Eligible to apply for Society grants**||✔||✔||✔||✔◊|
|Eligible to apply for FEMS~grants||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to the Membership Directory||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to professional development content||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Can hold office and vote||✔||✔||✔|
|Eligible to join the Early Career Microbiologists’ Forum||✔||✔||✔||✔|
** Grant eligibility varies by grade and length of membership. See each grant for details.
◊ Careers Conference Grants only.
^ An additional supplement is payable by those members outside of the UK and Ireland who elect to receive a print copy.
~ Federation of European Microbiological Societies.